- The number 1080 stands for 1080 lines of vertical resolution, while the letter i stands for interlaced or non-progressive scan.
- The number 1080 stands for 1080 lines of vertical resolution, while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced.
- The p stands for progressive scan, i.e. non-interlaced, while the 480 denotes a vertical resolution of 480 lines.
- The number 720 stands for 720 lines of vertical resolution, while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced.
- Analog component video
- Analog video signals (also called Component Cables) must provide red, green and blue signals to create a television image. The simplest type consists of the three discrete red, green and blue signals sent down three coaxial cables. There are a number of schemes which vary according to how synchronization is handled. If a synchronization signal is sent on the green channel, it is called sync-on-green.
- Analog TV
- Today's TV system using radio frequency waves to transmit and display pictures and sound. Today's TV system using radio frequency waves to transmit and display pictures and sound.
- Analog TV Tuner
- Analog TV tuner will pick out specific channels by specifically concentrating on a specific MHz range of a large broadcast band. By focusing on a specific range it can pick up the video portion of a station in one section and the audio portion in another. It is not possible to transmit high definition via analog signal due to limitations on how much information can be sent with in a given time frame. Analog signals will no longer be used via Antenna after February 17th, 2009. Instead all antenna transmissions with be Digital. Cable directly from cable companies will still be able to provide analog TV signal.
- Aspect Ratio
- Aspect ratio refers to the images height vs. the images width. The current industry standards for this are 4:3 which square and 16:9 which is more of a horizontal rectangle shape. Most all television broadcasts are 4:3 except for high definition broadcasts. Due to the resolutions required for high definition it will always be broadcast in 16:9.
- The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) is the group that helped to develop the new digital television standard for the United States, also adopted by Canada, Mexico, and South Korea and being considered by other countries.
- The amount of light emitted from the display, measure in candela per square meter.
- Cables Included
- The in-package cables that are included within a given HDTV from VIZIO. Cables included could comprise power cords, HDMI or other connective cables
- Certification applications obtained for various VIZIO products demonstrating compliance to electrical standards. Some certifications include FCC(Federal Communications Commission), EIA (Electronic Industries Association), UL (Underwriters Laboratories), CSA (Common Scrambling Algorithm)
- "Class" refers to the general size scheme given at the time of product marketing. While the industry conforms to standards such as 32" or 42" televisions, these sizes are commonly referred to 32" Class or 42" Class of HDTV's.
- Closed Caption (CC)
- Closed captioning (CC) allows deaf and hard of hearing / hearing-impaired people, people learning English as an additional language, people first learning how to read, people in a noisy environment, and others to read a transcript or dialogue of the audio portion of a video, film, or other presentation. As the video plays, text captions are displayed that transcribe, although not always verbatim, what is said and by whom and indicate other relevant sounds.
- Color Depth
- Color depth is used to describe the number of bits used in a single pixel to make up a color. The more bits per the pixel the better the transition from one color to another and help detail different shades of a specific color that are adjacent to one another.
- Color Temperature
- The NTSC and PAL TV norms call for a compliant TV screen to display an electrically "black-and-white" signal (minimal color saturation) at a color temperature of 6500K. On many actual sets however, especially older and/or cheaper ones, there is a very noticeable deviation from this requirement of the standard.
- Contrast Ratio
- The contrast ratio is a metric of a display system, defined as the ratio of the luminosity of the brightest and the darkest color the system is capable of producing. High contrast ratio is a desired aspect of any display, but with the various methods of measurement for a system or its part, remarkably different values can be measured of the same subject.
- Diagonal Size
- Referred also to "Diagonal Viewing Area", the diagonal size is the size of the screen measured in inches. This would be measured from the bottom left corner to the upper right corner of the screen itself.
- Digital component video
- The digital component video is sometimes referred to as 4:2:2. This means that for every 4 pixels of luminance (Y) information, only 2 pixels of Pb (Blue Difference), and 2 pixels of Pr (Red difference) are encoded. This is the scheme used for the DVD format. The numbers also represent the relative number of bits (but not the actual number) used to carry the three pieces of information at each pixel. The color information is spread across the pixels it represents
- Digital TV (DTV)
- Television delivered and displayed using radio frequency waves that contain information that is digitally encoded for improved quality and efficiency.
- These are the physical dimensions of a product. Height (H) refers to the total physical height of a product. Width (W) refers to the total physical width of a product. Depth (D) refers to the total depth of a product. These measurements will appear "With Stand" or "Without Stand" in cases where the product "Stand" is removable. Please use these dimensions as a guide and allow for additional space around your new VIZIO. This helps insure adequate ventilation to the precision electronic devices inside.
- E-Waste & Recycling
- VIZIO is proud to participate and abide by state and federal requirements relating to appropriate disposal of electronic waste ("e-waste"). Although multiple e-waste recyclers exist around the nation, we have developed a new partnership with Manufacturers Recycling Management Company (MRM) who is able to assist in collection efforts within the United States. Mail-back, retail drop-off, and local events are encouraged through MRM, details can be found by visiting the MRM website directly at: www.mrm.ecotakeback.com
For California customers, please click here: www.e-recycle.org
- High-Definition television (HDTV) means broadcast of television signals with a higher resolution than traditional formats (NTSC, SECAM, PAL) allow. Except for early analog formats in Europe and Japan, HDTV is broadcast digitally, and therefore its introduction sometimes coincides with the introduction of digital television (DTV): this technology was first introduced in the USA during the 1990s, by the Digital HDTV Grand Alliance (grouping together AT&T, General Instrument, MIT, Philips, Sarnoff, Thomson, and Zenith). HDTV is defined as 1080 active lines, 16 : 9 aspect ratio in ITU-R BT.709. However, in the ATSC broadcast standard used in the United States and other countries, any ATSC resolution with 720 or more active lines is considered HDTV.
- High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP)
- High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a form of digital rights management (DRM) developed by the Intel Corporation to control digital audio and video content as it travels across Digital Visual Interface (DVI) or High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) connections. The HDCP specification is proprietary and an implementation of HDCP requires a license.
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
- The High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is an industry-supported, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface.
- In the box contents
- We include a television with each VIZIO purchase. In addition to the television, in-the-box contents could include remote controls, power cord, video or audio cable, user manual, quick start guide, warranty sheet. The additional contents vary by model.
- Video and Audio inputs designed for use with HDTV products. Inputs include: HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video, Digital Audio, Optical Digital Audio.
- NTSC is the analog television system in use in Korea, Japan, United States, Canada and certain other places, mostly in the Americas. It is named for the National Television System(s) Committee, the industry wide standardization body that created it.
- Picture in Picture (PiP)
- Picture in Picture (PiP) allows you to watch more than one TV program (channel) at the same time on television sets. With the PiP feature of TV, one video source will be displayed on the TV screen, and another video source will be displayed overlapping the main program.
- Pixel Dot Pitch
- Pixel/Dot Pitch is a specification for a television display panel (HDTV or Computer monitor) describing the distance between LCD cells or pixels of the same color.
- Progressive Scan
- Progressive or non-interlaced scanning is any method for displaying, storing or transmitting moving images in which the lines of each frame are drawn in sequence.
- Applies to fixed-pixel-array displays such as flat-panel plasmas (PDPs), LCDs, front and rear projectors using LCD, DLP or similar technologies and is simply the physical number of columns and rows of pixels creating the display (eg, 852x480; 1368x768 etc).
- Response Time
- Response time is a measurement whereby how quickly a pixel can change colors. Typically listed in milliseconds (ms), the faster the response time (listed as a lower value ms response time) the smoother the image will appear.
- SAP Secondary Audio Program
- A secondary audio program (SAP) carries alongside a television channel. This is an alternative to the standard audio that accompanies the video portion of a television broadcast or video program.
- Series is the broad category name given to similar products with similar features within the VIZIO product line. VIZIO "VO" series for example will consist of the same general cosmetic appearance while size differences between each model within the series will exist. Specifications may also vary within a product series.
- SRS Sound
- SRS Sound falseThe Sound Retrieval System (or SRS) is a patented psychoacoustic 3D audio processing technology originally invented by Arnold Klayman in the early 1980s.
- Each VIZIO television comes with a stand. The stand allows for stable placement of the television. In most cases, on VIZIO televisions, the stand is removable for wall mounting purposes. When removing the stand, please refer to the documentation instructions on removal. Please keep all necessary hardware after removal.
- Universal remote
- A Universal Remote is a Remote Control that can be programmed to operate various brands of one or more types of consumer electronics devices (i.e. TV, VCR, DVD, Cable/Satellite Box, etc.). Low end universal remotes can only control a set number of devices determine by their manufacturer while mid and high end universal remotes allow the user to program in new controls codes to the remote. Many remotes sold with various electronic devices these days include a universal remote capabilities for other types of devices to allow the remote to control other devices (of various brands) beyond the device it came with (i.e. A VCR remote that can be programmed to operate various brands of televisions).
- V-chip is a generic term used for a feature of television receivers allowing the blocking of programs based on their ratings category. It is intended for use by parents to manage their children's television viewing. All 13-inch and larger televisions manufactured for the U.S. market since January 1, 2000 are required to have the V-chip technology.
- Viewing Angle
- Viewing angle listed in the Horizontal and Vertical values is the deepest viewing angle possible of a given flat panel television
- This is the approximate weight of the product expressed in pounds. Gross Weight will consist of the product and product packaging together. Net weight will consist of the weight of the television only. Net Weight "without stand" refers to the weight of the television with the TV stand removed.
- A widescreen image is a film or television image with a wider aspect ratio than the standard Academy frame developed during the classical Hollywood cinema era.
- Zoom is a method of zooming on a the television either by increasing the size of the pixels in the image or by interpolating between them. The image doesn't physically get any closer and no extra information is collected.
Important new hardware updates are now available to optimize your VIZIO PC's performance. Select your VIZIO PC model from the complete list below to download now and enhance your computing experience.
Windows 8 users upgrading to Windows 8.1?
Must read and follow the instruction before upgrading to Windows 8.1. DOWNLOAD
All VIZIO Windows 8 PCs have been tested to work with Windows 8.1.
|Windows 8.1 Support|
|Windows 8.1 Upgrade Guide (only applies to Windows 8 PCs)||Download|
|Windows 8 Clean Installation Guide||Download|
|Thin + Light | Windows 8|
|(CT14-A4) 14" Thin + Light Intel® Core™ i5 Processor||Update|
|(CT14T-B0) 14" Thin + Light AMD A10 Processor||Update|
|(CT14T-B1) 14" Thin + Light Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
|(CT15-A4) 15" Thin + Light Intel® Core™ i5 Processor||Update|
|(CT15-A5) 15" Thin + Light Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
|(CT15T-B0) 15" Thin + Light AMD A10 Processor||Update|
|(CT15T-B1) 15" Thin + Light Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
|All-In-One | Windows 8|
|(CA24T-A3) 24" All-in-One Touch Intel® Core™ i3 Processor||Update|
|(CA24-A4) 24" All-in-One Intel® Core™ i5 Processor||Update|
|(CA24T-B0) 24" All-in-One AMD A10 Processor||Update|
|(CA24T-B1) 24" All-in-One Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
|(CA27-A4) 27" All-in-One Intel® Core™ i5 Processor||Update|
|(CA27T-A5) 27" All-in-One Touch Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
|(CA27T-B1) 27" All-in-One Touch Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
|Notebook | Windows 8|
|(CN15-A5) Notebook 15.6" Intel® Core™ i7 Processor||Update|
- TV Warranty
- PC Warranty
- Recertified Warranty
- Square Trade Protection Plans
- Service and Parts Information
- Return Policy
TV Warranty Details
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON PARTS AND LABOR
Covers units purchased as new in United States and Puerto Rico Only.
VIZIO provides a warranty to the original purchaser of a new Product against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year of non-commercial usage and ninety (90) days of commercial use. If a Product covered by this warranty is determined to be defective within the warranty period, VIZIO will either repair or replace the unit at its sole option and discretion.
To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email: TechSupport@VIZIO.com or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO (877.698.4946) from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time, or visit www.VIZIO.com. Pre-authorization must be obtained before sending any product to a vizio service Center. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required to show that a Product is within the warranty period.
Parts and Labor
There will be no charge for parts or labor during the warranty period. Replacement parts and units may be new or recertified at VIZIO’s option and sole discretion. Replacement parts and units are warranted for the remaining portion of the original warranty or for ninety (90) days from warranty service or replacement, whichever is greater.
Type of Service
Defective Products must be sent to a VIZIO service center to obtain warranty service. VIZIO is not responsible for transportation costs to the service center, but VIZIO will cover return shipping to the customer. Pre-authorization is required before sending any unit in for warranty service.
Product returns to VIZIO’s service centers must utilize either the original carton box and shipping material or packaging that affords an equal degree of protection. VIZIO Technical Support will provide instructions for packing and shipping the covered Product to the VIZIO service center.
Limitations and Exclusions
VIZIO’s one-year limited warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover, for example: cosmetic damage, normal wear and tear, improper operation, improper voltage supply or power surges, signal issues, damages from shipping, acts of God, any type of customer misuse, modifications or adjustments, as well as installation and set-up issues or any repairs attempted by anyone other than by a VIZIO authorized service center. Products with unreadable or removed serial numbers, or requiring routine maintenance are not covered. This one year limited warranty does not cover Products sold “AS IS”, “FACTORY RECERTIFIED”, or by a non-authorized reseller.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED OR DESCRIBED ABOVE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF TIME SET FORTH ABOVE. VIZIO'S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING VIZIO’S NEGLIGENCE, ALLEGED DAMAGE, OR DEFECTIVE GOODS, WHETHER SUCH DEFECTS ARE DISCOVERABLE OR LATENT, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. VIZIO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOST REVENUE OR LOST PROFITS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CHECK www.VIZIO.com FOR THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.
If your VIZIO product is capable of storing personal data and other information, ALL CONTENTS AND INFORMATION WILL BE DELETED IN THE COURSE OF SOME IN-HOME AND ALL SHIP-IN WARANTY SERVICE. If this occurs, your product will be restored to you configured as originally purchased. You will be responsible for restoring all applicable data and passwords. Recovery and reinstallation of user data is not covered under this Limited Warranty. In order to protect your personal information, VIZIO recommends that you always clear all personal information from the unit before it is serviced, regardless of the servicer.
ZERO BRIGHT PIXEL DEFECT GUARANTEE
This policy covers “zero bright pixel” defects for the duration of the limited “ONE YEAR WARRANTY” on select new product purchases. To determine if this guarantee applies to your product, refer to the “DETAILS” tab of the model’s product information page www.VIZIO.com or look for the “zero bright pixel” guarantee on the box.
PC Warranty Details
This limited warranty covers VIZIO computers purchased as new in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. VIZIO provides a one-year limited warranty and up to one year of complimentary telephone technical support to the original purchaser of new computers against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year of normal consumer (non-commercial) usage and up to ninety (90) days for commercial use. This limited warranty is non-transferrable. If a computer covered by this limited warranty is determined to be defective within the warranty period, VIZIO will, unless otherwise required by applicable law, either repair or exchange the computer at its sole option and discretion.
How to Obtain Warranty Service (Pre-authorization required)
To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email: TechSupport@VIZIO.com (an email agent will respond to your inquiry within one business day) or via phone at 877.698.4946 from 5:00AM to 7:00PM PST, or visit www.VIZIO.com. PRE-AUTHORIZATION MUST BE OBTAINED BEFORE SENDING ANY COMPUTER TO A VIZIO SERVICE CENTER. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required to show that the computer is within its warranty period.
Should VIZIO elect to exchange a computer due to a covered defect during the warranty period, the replacement unit may, at VIZIO’s sole option and discretion, be new or one which has been recertified, reconditioned, refurbished or otherwise remanufactured from new or used parts and is functionally equivalent to the original computer.
Repair: Parts and Labor
There will be no charge for parts or labor to repair a computer for a covered defect during the warranty period. Replacement parts may, at VIZIO’s sole option and discretion, be new, used, reconditioned, refurbished or otherwise remanufactured or recertified as functionally equivalent replacement parts.
Repaired or exchanged units are warranted for the remaining portion of the computer’s original warranty or for ninety (90) days from warranty service or exchange, whichever is longer. Any upgrade to the original computer will be covered only for the duration of the original warranty period.
Returning Your Computer for Warranty Service
VIZIO is not responsible for transportation costs to the service center, but VIZIO will cover return shipping to the customer. Computer(s) returned to VIZIO’s service center must include all parts and accessories and must be shipped in a single shipment in either the original carton box and shipping material or in packaging that affords an equal degree of protection. Replacement boxes and shipping material may be available from, or required by, VIZIO. VIZIO Technical Support will provide instructions for packing and shipping the covered computer to the VIZIO service center. Please read the “Software, Personal Data, and Other User Stored Information” section below for very important warnings regarding data loss on Computers returned for any type of warranty service (repair or exchange).
VIZIO’s one-year limited warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship. This limited warranty does not cover, for example: abuse, accident, acts of God, consumable parts such as batteries (unless the battery’s fully charged capacity falls below 50% of its rated capacity within the first year from the date of purchase) and protective coatings, cosmetic damage (e.g. scratches, dents, cracks), damage caused by use with non-VIZIO products (e.g. accessories, housing, parts or software), damages from shipping, improper installation or operation, improper voltage supply or power surges, lack of reasonable use, misuse, modifications or alterations, normal wear and tear or aging, all software including but not limited to operating system software and any and all applications even if distributed by VIZIO, as well as installation and set-up issues or any tampering or repairs attempted by anyone other than by a VIZIO authorized service center. Computers with unreadable or removed serial numbers or requiring routine maintenance are not covered. This limited warranty does not cover any items that are in one or more of the following categories: software; external devices (except as specifically noted); accessories or parts added to a VIZIO system after the system is shipped from VIZIO; accessories or parts that are not installed in the VIZIO factory. All monitors, keyboards, and mice not shipped as original equipment with your computer are not covered. This one year limited warranty does not cover computers sold “AS IS”, “FACTORY RECERTIFIED”, or by a non-authorized reseller.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED OR DESCRIBED ABOVE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF TIME SET FORTH ABOVE. VIZIO’S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING VIZIO’S NEGLIGENCE, ALLEGED DAMAGE, OR DEFECTIVE GOODS, WHETHER SUCH DEFECTS ARE DISCOVERABLE OR LATENT, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE COMPUTER. VIZIO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF USE, INFORMATION OR DATA INCLUDING THAT CONTAINED IN OR STORED ON ANY DEVICE RETURNED TO VIZIO, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, FAILURE OF OTHER EQUIPMENT OR COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO WHICH THE COMPUTER IS CONNECTED, COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOST REVENUE OR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF REPUTATION, LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF INFORMATION, DATA SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING ANY COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY INFORMATION, DATA SOFTWARE, OR APPLICATIONS STORED ON OR USED WITH VIZIO PRODUCTS, OR ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR DATA STORED ON THE COMPUTERS), OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN REPRESENTATIONS MADE BY VIZIO OR ANY SELLER, RESELLER OR DISTRIBUTOR OF THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS THEREOF, SHALL CREATE ANY ADDITIONAL WARANTY OBLIGATIONS, INCREASE THE SCOPE, OR OTHERWISE MODIFY IN ANY MANNER THE TERMS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VIZIO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE OPERATION OF ANY COMPUTERS OR SOFTWARE COVERED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WORK IN COMBINATION WITH ANY HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICES, BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, OR WITHOUT RISK TO, OR LOSS OF, ANY INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS CONTAINED THEREIN, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCTS OR SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CHECK www.VIZIO.com FOR THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF THIS WARRANTY.
In the event that any term or provision contained in this limited warranty is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make such provision enforceable by such court, taking into account the intent of the parties. The invalidity in whole or in part of any portion of this limited warranty shall not impair or affect the validity or enforceability
NINETY DAY LIMITED WARRANTY ON PARTS AND LABOR
Covers units purchased and currently located in the 50 United States and Puerto Rico.
IF THIS WARRANTY DOCUMENT IS RECEIVED ALONG WITH A UNIT WHICH IS PROVIDED TO THE CUSTOMER AS A WARRANTY REPLACEMENT, THE WARRANTY OF THE PURCHASED UNIT MAY SUPERSEDE THIS ONE. SUCH A REPLACEMENT UNIT IS WARRANTED FOR THE LATER OF EITHER THE REMAINING PORTION OF THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY (AS SPECIFIED BY THE ORIGINAL WARRANTY DOCUMENTATION AND DERIVED FROM THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE DATE) OR THE WARRANTY PERIOD SPECIFIED HEREIN (AS DERIVED FROM THE DATE THE REPLACEMENT UNIT IS RECEIVED).
VIZIO provides a warranty to the original purchaser of its products against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days of non-commercial use. If a VIZIO product is defective within the warranty period, VIZIO will either repair or replace the unit at its sole option and discretion.
To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email: TechSupport@VIZIO.com or via phone at 877 MY VIZIO (877.698.4946) from 6:00AM to 9:00PM Monday through Friday and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Pacific Time, or visit www.VIZIO.com. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required.
Parts and Labor
There will be no charge for parts or labor during the warranty period. Replacement parts and units may be new or recertified at VIZIO’s option and sole discretion. Replacement parts and units are warranted for the remaining portion of the original warranty or for ninety (90) days from warranty service or replacement, whichever is later.
Types of Service
Units 30” or larger will usually be serviced in-home. In-home service requires complete and easy access to the unit and does not include de-installation or re-installation of the product. However, in some cases, it may be necessary to send the unit to a VIZIO service center. VIZIO will cover the transportation charges to and from the same customer location.
Units less than 30” must be sent to a VIZIO service center. VIZIO is not responsible for transportation costs to the service center, but VIZIO will cover return shipping to the customer. Pre-authorization is required before sending any unit in for service.
Any returns to VIZIO’s service centers must utilize either the original carton box and shipping material or a replacement box and material provided by VIZIO. VIZIO technical support will provide instructions for packing and shipping the unit to the VIZIO service center.
Limitations and Exclusions
VIZIO’s ninety-day limited warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship. Items not covered include but are not limited to cosmetic damage, normal wear and tear, misuse, signal issues, power surges, and damages from shipping, acts of God, any sort of customer misuse, installation, customer modifications, adjustments, and set-up issues. Units with unreadable or removed serial numbers, “image burn-in”, and routine maintenance are not covered. This warranty does not cover products sold “AS IS” or by a non-authorized reseller.
THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED OR DESCRIBED ABOVE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF TIME SET FORTH ABOVE. VIZIO'S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE DISPLAY. VIZIO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF USE, COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOST REVENUE OR LOST PROFITS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS WARRANTY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. CHECK www.VIZIO.com FOR THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.
Square Trade Protection Plans
Service and Parts Information
ELECTRONIC SPARE PARTS / OUT OF WARRANTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
Electronic Spare Parts
VIZIO offers these supplier parts contact information for your convenience. In the event service is needed on your VIZIO product (after the warranty period) and a replacement part is required, please contact one of the following VIZIO authorized spare parts distributors with the required part number.
9201 Penn Ave So.
Bloomington MN 55431
Phone: (877) 881-6492
Phone: (952) 881-6492
710 Epperson Drive. Unit B
City of industry, CA 91748
Phone: (888) 260-7765
Phone: (909) 839-1100
Out of Warranty Service Providers
Indusys Technology, Inc. (ITI)
Phone: (888) 248-2708 (English and Spanish) - Option #2
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST
Saturday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM PST
Phone: (800) 713-2671 (English and Spanish)
Hours of operation:
M-F: 5:00 AM – 7:00 PM (PST)
SAT: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM (PST)
Return Policy for Direct Vizio Sales
VIZIO's return policy allows for products purchased directly from VIZIO to be returned by the original purchaser during the initial thirty (30) day period following the date of purchase. A VIZIO return authorization number must first be obtained as provided below. The refund will be the purchase price actually paid by the purchaser less a ten percent (10%) restocking fee per each item returned. Shipping and handling are not refundable.
The return authorization number must first be obtained from VIZIO's Customer Service by emailing CustomerSupport@VIZIO.com or by calling 877.698.4946, 6:00AM to 9:00PM Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and 8:00AM to 4:00PM Pacific Time, Saturday and Sunday. Please note that holiday hours may vary. For up to date information, please visit www.VIZIO.com.
Products must be returned to the address specified by VIZIO Customer Service and must be shipped in the original packaging, with freight prepaid to VIZIO, and must be received in new and unused condition. The return authorization number must be included in the packaging. VIZIO reserves the right to assess fees for any damaged or missing parts in addition to the ten percent (10%) restocking fee.
Return authorization numbers are valid for only fifteen (15) days from issuance. The customer is responsible for and must prepay all shipping charges and shall assume all risk of loss or damage to the product while in transit to VIZIO. If the product is returned to VIZIO (i) without a VIZIO return authorization number, and/or (ii) beyond the fifteen (15) day period, and/or (iii) without proper packaging, VIZIO retains the right to refuse delivery of such return or may return the unit to the customer at the customer's expense and with no refund issued.
For defective products, please see VIZIO's "ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY" terms and conditions.
PLEASE DO NOT RETURN YOUR UNIT TO VIZIO WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED HEREIN SHALL BE APPLICABLE TO AND GOVERNS THE SALE AND SHIPMENT OF ALL PRODUCTS FROM VIZIO, INC. (“VIZIO”). BY SUBMITTING YOUR ORDER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE. VIZIO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR WRITTEN NOTICE.
1. Orders/Acceptance by VIZIO, Inc. (“VIZIO”)
All orders of Products placed by you with VIZIO are subject to acceptance by VIZIO. VIZIO reserves the right to reject any order you place with VIZIO and/or limit the quantities placed on any order. Notwithstanding any order confirmation or other communication from VIZIO, your order will not be deemed accepted by VIZIO until VIZIO’s actual shipment of the product(s) ordered. Your order submission shall constitute your full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Quantities are subject to availability. In the event of shortage, VIZIO may allocate sales and product deliveries in its sole discretion.
Unless otherwise communicated by VIZIO, the purchase price of product(s) will be billed in full at the time of product shipment. For your protection, please note that verification may be required for credit card or debit card orders, and further information may be requested from you via the contact information provided in your order.
Orders will usually be shipped within three (3) business days of receipt of order confirmation, Monday through Friday. Orders placed on VIZIO.com will only ship to the United States, exclusive of P.O. Box or APO/FPO addresses or U.S. territories. If you have selected “Required Signature On Delivery”, a person of legal age must be present to sign for delivery at the ship-to address.
Unless otherwise indicated, listed product prices do not include shipping charges. Shipping charges and delivery times may vary depending on the shipping method selected. Shipping charges are NON-REFUNDABLE once your product(s) have shipped.
In the event of damage or loss during transit for your product(s) purchased on VIZIO.com, VIZIO is available to assist you in your claim. In the event of product loss or damage, you must promptly notify VIZIO at techsupport@VIZIO.com, within fourteen (14) calendar days from your product shipment notification. Product returns are subject to the terms of this Agreement and VIZIO’s return policy available at: http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=c#returnpolicy.
Unless otherwise indicated, listed product prices do not include any sales, local or other similar taxes. Where applicable, taxes will be shown on and added to your order. All taxes shall be paid by you.
In the case of pre-order, a temporary hold of $1.00 USD will appear against the available credit limit on the credit card or debit card used for the pre-order. This hold amount will be unavailable until the earlier of the billing transaction for product shipment, or until such temporary hold expires. Please consult your issuing bank for any terms and conditions which may apply. Should the temporary hold expire or be declined by your issuing bank before the billing transaction is completed, your pre-order may be cancelled. You may be contacted at the contact email submitted with your pre-order regarding updates to your order, and/or when the item(s) of your pre-order become available for shipment. If pre-order product(s) are ordered at the same time as regular product purchase(s), please note that pre-ordered product(s) may be shipped separately. VIZIO reserves the right to fulfill, modify or cancel pre-orders at any time in its sole discretion.
VIZIO continually updates and revises the VIZIO products available for purchase. VIZIO products are new unless specified as recertified.
VIZIO may revise and/or discontinue product offerings at any time. Specifications, availability, prices and terms of offer are subject to change without notice.
7. Coupons & Promotions
Coupons and promotions applicable towards purchases of VIZIO products offered by VIZIO are non-transferable, may only be used once and may not be redeemed for cash or credit. Coupons and promotions must be applied at the time of redemption. Coupons and promotions are void where prohibited or restricted by law. Coupons and promotions are valid only in the United States, excluding territories. Coupons or promotions may be modified or terminated by VIZIO at any time its sole discretion.
8. Cancellations and Returns
Order cancellations and returns may be subject to charges and fees. For details on VIZIO’s return policy, please visit http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=c#returnpolicy.
9. No Re-sale
You certify and agree that you are purchasing VIZIO product(s) for your own personal use, and not for resale. You shall not resell VIZIO product(s) or remove components from VIZIO product(s) for resale.
10. Software Terms
All software (including pre-loaded software contained in hardware) is provided subject to such software’s end user license agreement. You agree that you will be bound to such agreement(s). Unless otherwise indicated, title to software shall remain with the applicable licensor(s).
11. Limited Warranties
VIZIO makes no warranties regarding its product except those included with the product. For further warranty information with applies to your product(s), please visit http://store.vizio.com/support/?tab=c#warrantyDetails. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE LISTED OR DESCRIBED ABOVE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD OF TIME SET FORTH ABOVE. VIZIO'S TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING VIZIO’S NEGLIGENCE, ALLEGED DAMAGE, OR DEFECTIVE GOODS, WHETHER SUCH DEFECTS ARE DISCOVERABLE OR LATENT, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT. VIZIO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, COMMERCIAL LOSS, LOST REVENUE OR LOST PROFITS, OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
VIZIO is sensitive to the environmental concerns regarding the recycling and disposal of its products, and fully supports recycling efforts adopted by many states. VIZIO encourages our customers to conform to “green” environmental practices.
Certain state eWaste laws and regulations may require VIZIO to charge and collect fees applicable to the sale of your product(s). For more information regarding e-Waste fees and “green” initiatives in your state, please visit www.erecycle.org for the latest information.
NOTICE REGARDING CALIFORNIA SALES: Certain VIZIO products are covered by the California Electronic Waste Recycling Act of 2003. The below table provides you with a guide as to the fee placed on each of these products. This fee is applicable to all sales of all products within the impacted categories.
Viewable Screen Size (measured diagonally)
Electronic Waste Recycling Fee
More than 4 inches, less than 15 inches
15 inches or more, less than 35 inches
35 inches or more
13. Governing Law/Venue
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You expressly agree and to the personal jurisdiction by and venue in the state and federal courts of located in Orange County, California, and waive any objection to such jurisdiction or venue.
14. Force Majeure
VIZIO shall not be liable for any delay or failure in performance caused by or resulting from events beyond VIZIO’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God (such as tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, fire, flood, or other natural catastrophe), riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, or strikes. Quantities are subject to availability. In the event of shortage, VIZIO may allocate sales and deliveries in its sole discretion.
15. Entire Agreement; General
These Terms and Conditions, and the terms of those policies incorporated herein by reference, shall constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you and VIZIO concerning your products and your purchase, and supersedes any and all statements or other agreements, whether oral or written, between you and VIZIO. Failure of VIZIO to insist upon strict performance of any provisions hereof shall not be deemed a waiver of VIZIO’s rights and remedies. If any provision of this agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, the remainder shall stay in effect. The section headings hereunder are for convenience or reference only, and no construction or inference shall be derived therefrom.
Revision 2.0 (Effective June 2012)