42” Class 1080p LED HDTV
MODEL NUMBER: M420VT Model Features:
- 42.02 inch diagonal
- Razor Thin Design with a 0.87" Profile*
- 1080p Full HD
- 120Hz Refresh Rate
- SRS TruSurround HD™ & SRS TruVolume™
- ENERGY STAR® 4.1
With only a 0.87” thin profile*, this 42" Class (42.02 inch diagonal) Razor LED™ LCD HDTV offers razor sharp clarity with 1080p full high definition resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate delivering sharp, blur free images. The dynamic 100,000:1 contrast ratio provide deeper blacks and brighter whites and with an astounding array of colors that stand out brilliantly adding to the rich detail and deep contrast on this TV offered in black or silver bezel color options. Also included is the digital ambient light sensor ensuring you will always have the best picture and most efficient energy savings by adjusting the brightness based on the lighting conditions of your room. Enjoy ultimate connectivity with up to four high definition inputs and experience advanced sound technologies from SRS Labs including SRS TruSurround HD™ and SRS TruVolume™. Take pleasure in knowing this energy efficient LED LCD HDTV exceeds new ENERGY STAR® 4.1 Guidelines by 20%**, conserving our planet’s resources while saving you money.
Razor LED - VIZIO is the first to bring LED technology to smaller size LCD HDTVs! This Mercury Free, Energy Efficient, Razor Thin HDTV achieves a 100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio giving you deeper blacks and brighter whites - 450 nits brightness.
1080P FULL HD
Full 1080P High Definition resolution gives you over 2 million pixels, making the clarity and detail of your picture razor sharp. Learn More
Dynamic Contrast Ratio
100,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio delivers deeper blacks and brighter whites through contrast and dimensions. Learn More
Limits volume inconsistencies between programming. Learn More
The display’s backlight is environmentally-friendly due to the fact that LED backlights do not utilize mercury, an environmentally harmful substance.
Razor Thin Styling
Less than a .87” profile*, it’s simply amazing!
Energy efficient sensors auto-adjust brightness for the perfect picture regardless of room conditions.
SRS TruSurround HD™
Delivers immersive virtual high definition surround sound. Learn More
ECO HD™ exceeds new ENERGY STAR® 4.1 Guidelines by 20%**, saving you money on your utility bills while limiting the impact on our planet.
*Maximum depth 1.85”
**When TV is on
|Native Panel Resolution:||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Signal Compatibility:||1080p (FHDTV)|
|Computer Support:||640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1920 x 1080 via RGB or 1920 x 1080 via HDMI
|Dynamic Contrast Ratio:||100,000:1|
|Viewable Angle:||178/178 degrees (horizontal/vertical)|
|Pixel/Dot Pitch:||0.4845mm(H) x 0.4845mm(V)|
|SRS TruSurround HD™:||Yes|
|SRS TruSurround XT™:||No|
|HDMI with HDCP||4|
|RF Connector for Internal Tuner||1|
|Component YPbPr plus Stereo Audio:||1|
|Composite Video:||1 shared with Component
|HDMI with HDCP||
|RF Connector for Internal Tuner|
|Component YPbPr plus Stereo Audio:|
|SPDIF Digital Optical:||1|
|LED:||Yes - edge lit|
|Zero Bright Pixel Defect Guarantee:||Yes
|3D Comb Filter:||Yes|
|3:2 or 2:2 Reverse Pull-down:||Yes|
|ATSC with 8VSB & QAM demodulation:||Yes|
|ATSC with MPEG-2 decoding:||Yes|
|NTSC Video decoding via Video:||Yes|
|Progressive Scan Video:||Yes|
|Color Temperature:||6500K, 9300K and 115000K|
|Color Fine Tuning:||Independent Red, Green and Blue|
|Speakers:||Built-in 10W x 2 Speakers|
|Panel Lamp Life (typical):||30,000 Hours|
|Voltage Range:||120Vac at 60Hz|
|Power Consumption:||115W(avg), <1W Standby|
|VIZIO Remote Control:||VUR14
|Net With Stand:||44.09lbs|
|With Stand:||39.72"W x 26.72"H x 8.50"D|
|Without Stand:||39.72"W x 24.92"H x 1.76"D|
|Packaging Dimensions:||46.26"W x 31.49"H x 8.07"D
|CERTIFICATIONS||CSA, CSA-US, FCC Class B, BQB
|COMPLIANCES||ENERGY STAR® 4.1
|WALL MOUNT SPECIFICATIONS|
|Hole Pattern:||VESA standard 200mm X 200mm
|Screw Pitch:||1.0 mm|
|VIZIO WARRANTY||One Year Parts & Labor Free Lifetime Technical Support|
Items 1 to 10 of 20 total
- astounding Review by tobetrue
what can i say that has not already been said? maybe it could have have a higher contrast ratio like say...5 million-1 but non the less...for under 5 bills...beautiful...thanks Vizio. tobetrue
(Posted on 2/1/13)
- Great Product and Great Price Review by Jerry15
I bought a refurbished model via TigerDirect for just over $500, and it is all that was advertised and more. Got this for my adult daughter and she and her husband are delighted with it. Lots for the money and arrived quickly and was foolproof to set up.
(Posted on 3/9/12)
- Outstanding Value! Review by 8it.ca
I picked this TV up from TigerDirect in Canada. I was always skeptical about the Vizio brand as I have heard such horror stories in the past about quality and support etc.
So I bought the SquareTrade warrranty upgrade just in case.
Bottom line: I've had this TV in our bedroom for a month now, and all I can say is WOW.
1. TV picture is STUNNING! I can't stress how crisp and clear the screen is. This is a real high quality display.
2. Channel surfing is rather quick. My other LED TV is so slow when changing channels. This is SO smooth.
3. I love the simplicity of the interface. It is rather idiot proof.
4. There is no blurring like other cheaper (and more expensive) TV's
5. I no longer need my WD LIVE TV box to play local media files - I wish it supported mkv, divx and xvid files though :)
6. Volume is loud and clear and a surround sound system isn't really required in a medium sized room (unless you really want surround sound of course). But for a bedroom - this is a stellar option.
1. We have this in our bedroom, and we have a newborn in a crib... oddly, the volume does not really have a soft-sound option. When you have the sound at zero, the sound is off. Putting the volume up to 1 is too loud for a bedroom at night. 2 is even louder. 5 is louder than most normal families talk. I find the volume just jumps too high too quickly... I've gone through the menus and cannot find a way to compensate for this without distorting the sound.
2. I really wish the media player supported more codecs... for example, mkv, divx, and xvid. They are three of the most popular formats. Not sure why they are not supported.
3. The remote has absolutely no texture to it. After a whole month, I still can't get used to the remote in the dark. The number of times I have to turn on the light to find a button has gotten annoying. I am usually really good at memorizing remotes, but for some reason this one is hard to memorize. I think one of the things is that many other remotes have the numbers at the top and the controls at the bottom. Every other remote also has texture on the buttons (for example the number 5 usually has some sort of a little nub to make it feel different, volume and channel buttons usually have some sort of a different feel, etc...) Look at your remotes today and you will see what I mean... it's amazing how much one comes to depend on such simple things like a period that you can feel on the number five of the number pad to orient your hand and use the remote without looking at it... 8-)
4. The bottom of the TV looks a bit weird when the TV is wall mounted - the base sticks out a bit with a metal-look... not like other wall-mount TV's I've seen in the past.
And a funny side story - the mobile we have in our daughter's crib has a wireless remote to turn the music on and off... by cooincidence, the MEDIA key on the Vizio remote seems to work to turn the mobile on and off. I just consolidated another remote in our bedroom :-) (hahaha) - A TRUE Universal remote like no other we've seen before LOL
Do I recommend this TV? YES. You won't regret it. Especially if you get it for a great price like I did (sub-$500)
Can't go wrong.
(Posted on 11/30/11)
- Wish it supported divx. Review by seano
Great TV once you turn off the DCR option.
Please please please please update the firmware for us to support divx playback.
(Posted on 10/23/11)
- Just Excited! Review by Woodmanor
I have done a lot of research before deciding on a Vizio 42-inch! I made the purchase last week and am waiting with baited breath for it to arrive. So far, every review I've read has given the M420VT 1080p 120hz glowing marks. I have a 55-inch Samsung DLP that was given to us by our son. (He couldn't afford the payments) It's a great TV. But we wanted something for the bedroom. Something with the same features as the 55-incher in the Entertainment room. Well, this one caught our eye as we were browzing the net. Like I've said earlier we are anxiously waiting for it to arrive! We will give you the full monty of a review after we have had it for a couple of weeks to a month! STAY TUNED!!!
(Posted on 9/12/11)
- Great TV for Money Review by bull
Bought ours at Costco ($679) and loved it the minute we turned it on. Fantastic picture almost like going to the movies. Can't beat the TV for the price anywhere.
(Posted on 6/8/11)
- Very awesome TV Review by Jonathan
I've been searching for a LCD TV with certain specifications being 1080p, 120hz, at least a 42 inch, and one that didn't break the wallet. I saw this TV at Wal-Mart for $698.00 and was very interested from the get go (especially when I found out that it was also LED edge lit). I searched for reviews on this and found that others were very impressed with this particular TV, and hardly no one left any bad reviews for it. After all, this would be my first HDTV ever to own and I wanted to make sure that others had no problems with it. After much homework and viewing other sets, I decided to go ahead and go with this set and I must say that I am very, pleasantly surprised by what I brought home.
I mainly play games and watch movies through my XBOX and WOW what a difference gaming has been! Just make sure you use the HDMI from the XBOX to the TV for best picture. Even my regular DVDs look astounding on the screen (I believe the XBOX is upconverting the DVD for the TV via the HDMI cable).
I had an antenna sitting around unused as well and found out that that would pick up digital over-the-air TV broadcast signals to watch (I live in a rural area). I plugged in the antenna and was excited to find that I could get around 12 watchable channels (others had a weak signal, but that's because of my antenna I'm sure). It was awesome to get to watch some TV on the big screen. Some programs come in 480i, 720p, and some come in at 1080i.
However, like I said, I mainly play games and watch movies (not much of a TV watcher). I'm looking forward to getting a blu ray player and watching movies like that one day soon. From what I've heard, blu ray looks absolutely amazing on this TV.
The menu is great and easy to use and I give this TV 5 out of 5 for picture quality. Sound is fine to me. I use a Home Theater System to play the audio through, but I tried the TV audio out and it seems to be just fine for just a TV set. Glad I got this set and highly recommend this TV to anyone thinking about getting it.
(Posted on 3/18/11)
- EXCELLENT LED/LCD TV Review by TIMCOCH99
Love this one right out of the box! Excellent picture and controls. Using it for computer monitor and video screen for netflix, and the like. In the TV mode it doesn't have the guide function, only "info" which will display the current program's information. The guide would be able to tell you the up coming programs if it were available. A small thing, but very useful if it only had it!
(Posted on 1/21/11)
- Awesome Review by Keith
I shopped around for a year before purchasing a new TV. When comparing the specs, and picture quality with others in the price range this won hand's down. I thought it looked good in the store and it looks even better in my living room.
(Posted on 1/11/11)
- Great Review by Tammy
We love everything about this tv we went back to the store and bought a second 1 for the bedroom we always have the vizio speaker bar and the blue - ray player !!!
(Posted on 12/21/10)
Items 1 to 10 of 20 total