Who is VIZIO?
VIZIO’s revolutionizing how we watch, listen … and live! Based on the belief that everyone is entitled to the latest technology, VIZIO’s redefining high definition by finding a better way and making it for everyone, using greener methods! What started in 2002 as a small company consisting of three people has quickly grown into a company of more than 160 employees, two American based offices and earned the #1 position in LCD shipments in North America in Q1 and Q2 2009 and remains the #1 shipper of LCD HDTVs to the U.S. through the 3rd quarter of 2009 (cumulative Q1 – Q3, 2009) according to iSuppli’s Q3 2009 U.S. TV unit shipments.*
*Based on iSuppli US LCD-TV Unit Shipments Market Share Q1, 09 through Q3, 09.
* Founded in October of 2002 under the name V, Inc.
* With a total of 3 employees, they provided consulting services to Gateway, Inc.
* Launched the VIZIO brand
* Launched Plasma monitor and DVD up-convert line at CES
* VIZIO signed on with Costco Wholesale to sell VIZIO products
* Total of 5 employees
* VIZIO expanded their product offerings to include LCDs, Plasmas, DVD and DLP
* Total of 25 employees
* VIZIO’s 50” Plasma was ranked CNETs Top Holiday Tech gift
* VIZIO signed on with Sam’s Club to sell VIZIO products
* Grew to 41 employees
* VIZIO’s 32”LCD and 42” Plasma HDTVs are ranked Best at CES
* Expanded distribution to Circuit City, Sears, BJs and Kmart
* VIZIO launched its first TV advertising campaign
* Total of 62 employees
* Shipped a total of 750,000 HDTVs
* VIZIO 60” Plasma HDTV ranked BEST of CES
* Q2 VIZIO achieved the rank of being the #1 shipper of HDTVs in North America
* Throughout the year, VIZIO continued to remain among the Top 3 HDTV manufacturers in North America
* Recognized by INC Magazine (INC 500) as one of the fastest growing privately held companies
* VIZIO signed on with Walmart
* Grew to 85 employees
* Shipped a total of 2,900,000 HDTVs
* Launches 30 HDTV models, several of which include 120Hz, and adds a 50” Plasma with HQV Technology to the mix
* VIZIO expands its portfolio of products to include HDTV accessories (HDMI) and LCD computer monitors
* Launches the High Performance XVT Series (Extreme VIZIO Technology)
* Maintain its position as being one of the Top 3 shippers of HDTVs in N. America
* Recognized as the #1 Fastest Growing CE Company by Inc. Magazine
* VIZIO becomes the official sponsor of NBC’s broadcast of the Olympic Games
* Receives Wal-Mart Supplier of the Year Award
* Expanded distribution in to Canada
* Total of 100 employees
* Shipped a total of 3,500,000 HDTVs
* Total revenue exceeds 2 Billion Dollars
* VIZIO continues to add new innovative products to their portfolio such as Blu-ray® players, Home Theater Sound Bars with Wireless Sub, Motorized Wall Mounts and more.
* VIZIO launches 40 new HDTV models with sizes ranging from 19” to 55” and including the top technologies such as VIZIO Internet Apps their version of the internet connected TV, 240Hz LCD models and the latest TruLED technology which delivers the ultimate HD experience with less impact on our planet.
* #1 Shipper of LCD HDTVs in N. America Q1
* #1 Shipper of LCD HDTVs in United States Q2
* VIZIO is the official Sponsor of Super Bowl XLIII
* VIZIO HDTVs can be found on more store shelves than SONY in July 2009
* Over 160 employees
Beyond 2009 and well into the future:
Whether you’re a novice just entering the world of HD or a seasoned vet looking for the latest technology, VIZIO’s portfolio of products has a little something for everyone. The ECO series offers energy efficient ECO HDTVs that exceed current Energy Star® guidelines by at least 15%. The Mainstream series was created for the fashion forward guy or gal looking for something a little more chic and sophisticated than your traditional black bezel but is not willing to compromise on technology. The XVT series simply epitomizes what a High Definition experience should be. Cutting edge features, 1080p resolution, 240 HZ SPS, high end sound technologies, classic and chic styling. VIZIO also offers a complete array of home theater equipment such as High Definition Home Theater Sound Bars, HDMI cables and a Blu-ray® player. In September 2009, VIZIO brings the latest LED Technology to market at a price that is uncontested by our competitors and we're not sacrificing features to do it. The TruLED® 55” LCD LED HDTV includes 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and uses Smart Dimming® to control the LEDs turning them on and completely off achieving true, deep blacks. It’s only with true blacks that can you achieve the brightest of colors. In Q4 2009, VIZIO will be launching VIZIO Internet Apps, your passport to experiencing a whole new world of on-line content. Using the latest wireless technology, you can easily connect to the Internet and stream movies and TV shows, listen to music and get the latest news, sports and weather. The Universal Bluetooth® remote with slide out QWERTY keypad makes sending a Tweet or changing your status on Facebook a breeze. VIZIO – Where Vision Meets Value.
1 iSuppli Research Preliminary Q1 2009 LCD HDTV Report
2 iSuppli Research Preliminary Q2 2009 LCD HDTV Report